Wednesday, August 1, 2012

An Anime Blog: Fate/Zero

Dear Blog,

I returned on watching the action type of anime.. This time I watched and finished Fate/Zero.. It is composed of two seasons and by the time I am creating this entry, I finished the second season thus, the series has ended..

Title Card

Saber (Arthuria Pendragon)



Of course, the main focus of this anime is the battle for the Holy Grail.. There is this magical battle royale between 7 masters with their 7 servants.. There are the Saber, Lancer, Caster, Berserker, Archer, Rider and Assassin types.. The main focus of the story is the Saber servant King Arthur and her master Kiritsugu Emiya.. Yeah, "her" why? It's because of the gender bending nature of this anime.. I don't know why but the King Arthur in this anime is named Arthuria... For me, I find that gender bending plot in the anime cool..

The Servants (Above) and the Masters (Below)

So, as the story progresses, you will find killings between the servants and the masters.. All of the fight scenes are jampacked.. As expected of the shonen type anime.. But the one thing that gives the coolest impression is the method in which the main protagonist Kiritsugu operates.. You see, he is a participant in this Holy Grail War but he acts like an observer/outsider. He used a decoy master in order to conceal his true identity as a participant.. Then, as the battles were held using magic, he uses guns, grenades and other mechanical devices in fighting meaning he uses the illegal methods resulting to him outsmarting his opponents.. There's this particular scene in the anime wherein he used his brains in order to outwit one of his opponents. It's the scene between him and the Lancer's master.. In that particular scene, they created a contract that Kiritsugu will not kill the Lancer's master in exchange of Lancer committing suicide.. After the deal was done, the Lancer's master was killed by Kiritsugu's assistant meaning they outsmarted the poor guy.. That was a WOW moment.. I said to myself, OH F'N YEAH!! Long? Sorry... I got my emotions got the best of me..

Kiritsugu Emiya

Here are some of the good points that I collected..

1. Characters.. Aside from Kiritsugu, there are many characters with different personalities.. Example of it is Kotomina Kirei.. He is one hell of villain.. He is person with no goal in life or rather an empty person.. Aside from the one I mentioned some of the most interesting characters include; Saber, Tokiomi Tohsaka, Rider (Alexander The Great) and Archer (Gilgamesh).. It's kinda interesting to watch the nature of their characters.. 4/5

2. Animation... Like what I said in my previous entries, Before I watched an anime, I look in the poster and screen shots if they're good... And this one is really good.. Even its predecessor Fate/Stay Night has good animation during the year 2006.. 4/5

3. Plot.. The whole Holy Grail War is an awesome plot device.. But aside from the war itself, there are some back stories wherein you will find the past of Kiritsugu.. It's a lonely story and if you're going to ask me, it moved my heart.. I felt the loneliness.. I mean it's good.. Aside from the plot, there's this betrayal portion and what I said earlier the Awesomeness of the brains of Kiritsugu..  4/5

4. Connection with Fate/Stay Night... To all the hardcore fans out there... You will find the connection between the Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night. Of course, Fate/Zero is the prequel of Fate/Stay Night... It's fun to watch the back stories on Rin, Sakura and Shirou.. 4/5

Some of the negative points..

1. Rider's personality... I find it annoying.. That's all.. hehehe

Well, that's my opinions about Fate/Zero.. It's awesome.. I hope you watch and enjoy it...

That's All

LightningSnow

Links
Title
Masters and servants
Saber
Kiritsugu

No comments:

Post a Comment